Institut Perubatan Respiratori is a government hospital located in Wilayah Persekutuan, Kuala Lumpur….
Institut Perubatan Respiratori provides medical services to all communities in the state and surrounding areas to ensure the health of the community is enhanced and the delivery of information is channeled more effectively.
This is in line with its objective of this hospital as an excellent health care center.
Institut Perubatan Respiratori, Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Pahang, 50586 Kuala Lumpur, WP Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Institut Perubatan Respiratori set up for help an individual achieve and maintain a health standard to enable him to carry out productive economic and social life
This can be achieved by providing efficient, effective and effective treatment, rehabilitation, treatment and rehabilitation services with emphasis on underprivileged groups.
RESPIRATORY MEDICAL INSTITUTE (IPR) is a hospital in the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) which provides Respiratory Medical Expertise. It is located at Jalan Pahang, Kuala Lumpur.
The history of the institute began in 1958 where it was known as the Pahang Tibi Road Clinic. In 1961, the clinic changed its name to the National Tibet Center (PTN) in line with the Ministry of Health’s policy to overcome the problem of constipation.
With the expansion of the scope of respiratory services provided, PTN’s name was converted to IPR in 1996. It offers expert treatment and advice services to respiratory patients and provides specialist training in this discipline.
IPR offers services such as bronchoscopic breathing diagnostics, sleeping laboratories, complete lung function labs and cough labs. Another achievement of the IPR is to work with the National Heart Institute to initiate the Lung Transfer Program.
Other support services provided are physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and pulmonary rehab, TB social and medical clinics. IPR is also a post-graduate training center for respiratory medicine, here also regularly organized the course of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Disease Update.
To complement the services provided by IPR, recently reintroduced Lung Cancer Management using Chemotherapy, Rearrangement Rooms and Ambulatory Care Centers housed in all diagnostic services.
CUSTOMER CORE CLIENT CHARTER
- The Institute of Respiratory Medicine is committed to providing efficient, safe and effective services through the defined Client Charter for each unit. Improvements will be made from time to time in line with IPR’s Vision, Mission and Objectives.
OBJECTIVE , VISION & MISSION
- Recognized at the national and international level due to the quality of service the ultimate respiratory treatment,
- Recognized as a training center that provides health professionals in order to play a role in the current and future respiratory care,
- Recognized as having a high level of treatment safety by integrating best practices consistently and practicing the latest skills and knowledge in the respiratory medical service provided,
- Develop a health promotion program and self-management program to enhance the overall health of the community,
- As a leader in continuing education to health personnel in empowering competence through CME and respiratory medical CPD programs,
- Contribute to deeper understanding of treatment problems and how to promote respiratory illness through research.
- Become a National Respiratory Therapist Center at a national level through evidence-based, comprehensive, high-tech, and capitalized practices that meet the needs of customers.
The IPR is committed to providing comprehensive respiratory medical services through a team of caring, caring, full of compassion and focusing on high-tech environments to:
- Providing continuous, acute, sub-acute and chronic care in accordance with high standards based on the evidence of flexibility and responsible for the needs and requirements of customers,
ii) Manage and develop human capital towards excellence based on vision,
iii) Achieving community health status improvement through collaboration and collaboration with the public, private and individual sectors,
iv) Capacity to grow in the future to be known as the center of excellence that is the choice of employees and patients through learning and research culture in the field of Respiratory Medicine.
The Institute provides comprehensive services covering all aspects of promoting, prevention, treatment, recovery and palliative care. The services delivered through different units are well-coordinated.
Among the services offered are:
i) Sleep Medicine
ii) Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
v) Lung cancer
vi) Lung transplantation
vii) Lung hypertension
viii) Ventilation is not invasive
ix) Stop smoking
x) Interstitial lung disease
Endoscopic Torasik Service
The Endothecopic Torasik Service at the Respiratory Medical Institute began in 1982 which started with the Flexible and Therapeutic Bronchoscopy services. Then the service is growing from year to year. Here are Torasik Endoscopy services offered by IPR to customers.
i) Diagnostic and Therapeutic Flexible Bronchoscopy;
ii) Diagnostic and Therapeutic Pleuroscopy;
iii) Transbroncal biopsy;
iv) EBUS (Endobronchial Ultrasound)
v) EBV (Endobronchial Valve): With the National Heart Institute (IJN)
vi) Trache / Bronchial Stents: With the National Heart Institute (IJN)
Respiratory Specialist Clinic
The Chief of Respiratory Medicine Specialist who is also the head of the institute is responsible for management at the Respiratory Specialist Clinic. He is assisted by Respiratory Medicine Specialists, Medical Officers, Assistant Medical Officers, Head of Nurses and other medical staff. The main function of the clinic is the management of respiratory diseases.