Jalan Tebrau, Bukit Senyum, 80400 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
+6 07-225 4422
Section 20 of the Police Act lists the duties of police officers as follows: –
- Arrest everyone whom he is authorized by law to arrest;
- Processing security intelligence;
- Conduct prosecution;
- Provide assistance in carrying out any law relating to revenue, exercise, hygiene, quarantine, immigration and registration;
- Provide assistance in maintaining order in the ports and airports of Malaysia, and in enforcing maritime and port regulations;
- Execute summons, subpoenas, warrants, imprisonment orders and other processes lawfully issued by any competent authority;
- Showing information;
- Protecting unclaimed / lost property and seeking its owner;
- Seize the animals that roam and place them in a public stable;
- Provide assistance in protecting lives and property;
- Protecting public property from loss or damage;
- Attending a criminal court and if ordered in special, civil court, and
- Maintain order in and escort and keep prisoners and others in police custody.
Section 21 is the task of regulating, controlling and maintaining traffic on public roads.