Hospital Tawau is a government hospital located in Tawau, Sabah….
Hospital Tawau provides medical services to all communities in the state and surrounding areas to ensure the health of the community is enhanced and the delivery of information is channeled more effectively.
This is in line with its objective of this hospital as an excellent health care center.
Hospital Tawau, P.S 67, 91007 Tawau, Sabah, Malaysia.
+6 089 – 773 533
089 – 778 626
Hospital Tawau set up for help an individual achieve and maintain a health standard to enable him to carry out productive economic and social life
This can be achieved by providing efficient, effective and effective treatment, rehabilitation, treatment and rehabilitation services with emphasis on underprivileged groups.
Hospital Tawau is a government hospital under Ministry of Health Malaysia. Its location is located no more than 1km from the center of Tawau, Sabah and is 16.84 acres. Consists of Old Ward Building, Polyclinic Building, and New Ward Building. Tawau Hospital is the referral center for Eastern Sabah hospitals such as Semporna, Lahad Datu, Kunak and Sandakan.
The Hospital is a 401 beds hospital and it is a district hospital providing specialist services for outpatient and inpatient.
Hospital Tawau has started operation in 1922 as a small hospital, known as Silimpompon Hospital with structural walls of wood and palm leaves, a palm leaf.
Beginning in the early 1940s, Tawau Hospital Cottage has started operating as a small hospital on the coast of Tawau City. At that time there were only Outpatient Unit, Class Two Ward, Separation Ward and Kitchen only.
To accommodate population growth and the need for treatment, the Specialist Clinic was built in the 1990s and was inaugurated by Datuk Dr. Chua Jui Ming, Minister of Health of Malaysia at that time. The Polyclinic Building houses Specialist Clinics, Management Offices, Blood Funds, Medical Records Unit, Pharmacy, Dental Clinic and the Emergency and Trauma Department.
The year 2002 witnessed the progress of Tawau Hospital with a new 6-3 floor building project consisting of wads, Surgery Hall, Rapid and Cidology Treatment, CSSU, Training Center and Library. The building is in stages starting in early July 2007.
In 2005, Tawau Hospital has successfully implemented the In-Park Hospital project where each unit has been granted a foyer to be developed into a therapeutic park. The program has transformed the hospital environment into more attractive and it provides comfort to patients and families to relax and reflexology activities in the gardens provided.
CUSTOMER CORE CLIENT CHARTER
We hospital staff undertake to work to provide medical services in accordance with the following principles:
FACILITIES FOR CUSTOMERS
1. Each customer will be given quality medical treatment accordingly regardless of age, gender, religion or socio-economic status.
2. Every customer defined as in an emergency shall be promptly served.
3. Any patient requiring special treatment not available at this hospital will be referred to another appropriate hospital.
1. Every customer will be well-served, friendly, considerate, respectful and polite, honest and sincere.
2. Every customer will be best served as professionally.
3. Each customer will be provided with clean and perfect facilities and environment.
1. Each patient is assured that his / her honor will be preserved upon receiving treatment. Any information on illness and treatment will be kept confidential and can only be informed to certain parties with their consent subject to law.
2. Each patient will be given a clear description of the proposed procedures and treatments including risks and other options.
1.Each customer will be given information on important aspects in terms of health care and disease prevention.
DECLARATION OF CUSTOMERS
To enable the hospital to effectively implement this charter, the patient is obliged to:
1. Submit documents such as identity cards or birth certificates and accurate personal details upon registration.
2. Maintain the health of himself and the community by practicing a healthy way of life and;
3. Using the facilities provided responsibly
4. Comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
OBJECTIVE , VISION & MISSION
- Providing efficient and effective service and treatment with existing facilities.
- Each customer of Tawau Hospital has always received quality service and is involved in healthcare towards the development of a healthy society
- Realizing hospital Vision through a variety of patient-oriented and medical-oriented medical services that adopt a team of caring and professionalism
Services available at Hospital Tawau included:
¤ Emergency And Trauma
¤ General Medicine
¤ General Surgery
¤ Obstetrics and Gynecology
¤ Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
CLINICAL SUPPORT SERVICES
¤ Imaging and Diagnostics
¤ Pathology Laboratory
¤ Blood Tubes
¤ Recovery of how it works
¤ Administration & Services
¤ Finance and Outcomes
¤ Medical Record
¤ Health Education
¤ Dietetics and Dish
¤ Medical Welfare
¤ Environmental Safety
¤ Safety and Protection
¤ Information and Communication Technology
¤ Cleaning (CLS)
¤ Linen and Laundry (LLS)
¤ Clinical waste disposal (CWM)
¤ Maintenance of facilities engineering (FEMS)
¤ Maintenance of biomedical engineering (BEMS)
¤ Security Control
¤ Medical Officer of Graduate Training
¤ Provisional Pharmacy Officer
¤ Medical Laboratory Technologist
¤ Graduate Trainer: Execution, Kimiahayat, Biomedical, Social Worker, etc.
¤ Community Nurse Trainer (Government and Private)